Monday, July 13, 2009

Chunky Warmos

Hey Buddies, here are a few things I've tried since I've been back. I am trying to figure out how to post my video on here, will have that up shortly. It contains a special guest appearance!

Some initial questions/concerns:
1. are l.e.d's cool?
2. what is the plan should the el wire fail midway through your tour?
3. how much is flexibility/coziness a concern? with the el wire knit up inside of these tubes, it makes the physical quality very rigid.
4. input vs. outcome...the swatch you see knitted below is approximately 6x8 inches, knit from 30 ft of knit tube and 30 ft of el wire. this was approximately 8 hours of work.

Thoughts?


This is the purl side of the knit swatch. The knit tubes are variegated, with different colors and yarn qualities. That's why it looks kind of wonky when illuminated.
This is the knit side of the swatch. I think the two columns of pink, blue and yellow right in the center look the best. Nice and plump. They also look the best when illuminated. These colors are acrylic yarn, fuzzier than cotton and it diffuses the light more.
Process photo.
All lit up. You can see the contrast between the naked el wire and the knit el wire. Like I said, I think the yellow and pink are really strong. The darker colors don't show up quite as much.

I will figure out the video situation and post that asap. In the meantime, let me know your thoughts on round one of chunky warmos.

ALL

No comments: