Monday, September 28, 2009

Scaly Warmos

New Weaves
Here is a new technique I have learned that weaves a secondary yarn into the main yarn (these are the raised multi-color parts). This is one of my new favorite things. This could be body-suitable.
Tucked In
Here is another new trick. This is multi-color tuck stitch. Also body-suitable.
Scaly Warmos
These are SCALY WARMOS. I knit all of the shapes in a lightweight cotton, much less hot than the acrylic options I have. I kind of like the purity of the white, but the next plan would be to work on dyeing the scales a range of different colors if you are interested in this technique. This method does not include L.E.D use, at all. In one of the earlier drawings, I sketched in an idea to have lit knit loops placed intermittently throughout the scaly jobbers.
Scaly Warmos
My first thought was to have a separate top and pants made with these scales covering the entire surface, with the chunky warmos scarf layered over the top. That way, when the scarf is wrapped around your body, the scales will peek through in certain spots.

Thoughts?

No comments: